Sophia’s Harry Potter Surprise
Non Profit Marketing Video
Industry: Non Profit
Location: Ronkonkoma, New York
Video Type: Fundraising Video
About This Video Project:
We created this nonprofit video for Make A Wish. Sophia’s Harry Potter Suprise tells the story of how Make-A-Wish conceives and executes their annual gala around the wish of a child.
- Capture the progression of the process that Make-A-Wish uses to bring their galas to life.
- Highlight the part Make-A-Wish plays in the healing process
- Show how dedicated Make-A-Wish was to faithfully recreating a Harry Potter theme.
- Capture the people who donate their time and services to making Wish children’s dreams come true.
- Show how the people at Male-A-Wish make a child’s wish come to be. Create a powerful Fundraising Tool to be screened at a gala.
- Conceptual Planning
- Multiple location scouts
- Video Production
- Motion Graphics
WHAT WE DID
Make-A-Wish hired us to create a different kind of story than we normally put together for them. Instead of centering just on the story of a wish child, we would instead shift our focus to how the organization brings one of these amazing wishes to life. In this case, it was their creation of a Harry Potter-themed gala for a little girl named Sophia.
Over the span of a few months, we shot 10 separate shoot days. These were never more than a few hours at a time, but they allowed us to capture the progression of the planning and highlight the generous people who give their time to the cause.
When making a documentary, especially one that spans an extended time frame, you have to let the standout stories and characters guide you. While in production it became obvious to us that the replica of the Hogwarts express being made was a key physical representation of the love and care being put into the entire event. So we focused on it and the carpenter constructing it Eugene Horan.
Our biggest day was the day fo the Harry Potter Gala itself. We sent out a three-man crew from set up to breakdown. It was a giant day for one part of the film but it was needed to really capture all the details needed to deliver the impact we set up with all the prep shoots.
WATCH THE FULL STORY HERE
To learn more information about Make-A-Wish Foundation, please visit www.wish.org